Toribash
Original Post
[Help] I haven't played in a long time, I'm having trouble figuring stuff out again.
Hoping someone can help me out here. I haven't played in a year or two, and haven't really been involved or updated my account in more like 4 years. That being said, there are a lot of things I don't remember.

-How do you change your screen name/username? (I remember there being a text command you could use in chat.)

-How do you hold or relax only one joint at a time? (When I played before, if you clicked a joint a third time, it would hold, and a fourth it would relax. Can you only do all the joints now?)

-How do you change the viewpoint when watching a battle or replay? (I recall a key that would change the view from free to perspective-uke to perspective-tori etc. ...)

-What's the process for uploading a custom head? I have one already, but I made it when I was like 15, so I'd like to update it a little, and I've long since forgotten how.

-How do you make your text appear up next to your character when you're fighting? Not really important, but it's cool. xD

-And lastly, is there a place that I can find all the forum rules? I remember in my early days here, I tried to get involved and accidentally broke a few of them. XD I wanna make sure I'm in the know this time.

Thanks a lot for your help!

-ParkourNinja(for now)
1. Now you cannot do that if I understand what you want to do, nickname changes require pm and payment to admin.
2. Press X to switch hold/relax, Z to extend/contract.
3. Use 1,2,3,4,5,6 keys.
4. http://forum.toribash.com/tori_textures.php
5. I guess you mean "/em" command.
6. Can't find it now, it's not on boards I guess. I'll try to find it in a sec. @edit check this site

[re] | #Polska
qui hic minxerit aut cacaverit, habeat deos superos et inferos iratos
Originally Posted by ParkourNinja View Post
Hoping someone can help me out here. I haven't played in a year or two, and haven't really been involved or updated my account in more like 4 years. That being said, there are a lot of things I don't remember.

3 years*
But yeh, welcome back! ;)
I'll now answer your questions... With my knowledge.

-How do you change your screen name/username? (I remember there being a text command you could use in chat.)

You can't do that anymore.
If you want to change your name, you either have to pay 100k to an Admin or make a new account (which is allowed, you can have as many accounts as you want.).

-How do you hold or relax only one joint at a time? (When I played before, if you clicked a joint a third time, it would hold, and a fourth it would relax. Can you only do all the joints now?)

I don't know if it's a bug or a glitch or anything, but in Toribash 3.83, with mouse you can only extend and contract.
It's odd, because in Toribash 3.8, you could still use the mouse to do all joint movements.
To avoid this, you can download Toribash 3.8 from here.

-How do you change the viewpoint when watching a battle or replay? (I recall a key that would change the view from free to perspective-uke to perspective-tori etc. ...)

The keyboard keys 1, 2, 3 and 4 changes the perspective from side to side.
Number 5 makes you see what Tori sees.
Number 6 puts the camera on Uke's eyes.

-What's the process for uploading a custom head? I have one already, but I made it when I was like 15, so I'd like to update it a little, and I've long since forgotten how.

So, are you asking how to upload a head texture or how to make/update one...?
..To upload a head texture, go to Shop (top of the page) -> Textures (bottom left). There, press Browse and search your texture from your computer, and then upload it.
..There are several tutorials on how to make any kind of textures in the Tutorials forum.

-How do you make your text appear up next to your character when you're fighting? Not really important, but it's cool. xD

All questions are important. ;)

When you're fighting in Multiplayer, you type /em text , where text is the text you want to appear.
In Single Player, you have to do edit the replay with Notepad(++), and add emotes there... I'm not going to explain how, but there's a tutorial of it.
There should be an emote command for Single Player... Suggested many times before, but always rejected. I don't get why.

-And lastly, is there a place that I can find all the forum rules? I remember in my early days here, I tried to get involved and accidentally broke a few of them. XD I wanna make sure I'm in the know this time.

Well, I bet you know already all the basic rules, like don't double post, flame, spam etc. etc., but there are stickies about rules in every board. Check those instead.

Hopefully this was helpful!

Also, welcome back, again! I hope you'll stick around longer this time. ;)

EDIT: Oh well, JtanK was first. ._. I spent a lot of my precious time for this... Baww...
Anyways, I'll leave this post here if something was unclear from JtanK's post.
Thanks so much guys! Can't wait to get going again. Shame I can't change my name as easily now. d: I'll still probably look into it. Is 100k a lot? >.> I haven't really spent any yet.... I guess it's like....10,000 wins, if each one is 10.

Anyway! Thanks a lot for your help! Hopefully you'll see me around!
Same thing hapened to me... used to play a little when on highschool, after a couple of years reinstalled toribash on my lappie.

Had a 4.4 ratio... after the beating I took yesterday, it got down to 1.4
I guess playing toribash is not like riding a bike...
Originally Posted by Skilgannon View Post
Same thing hapened to me... used to play a little when on highschool, after a couple of years reinstalled toribash on my lappie.

Had a 4.4 ratio... after the beating I took yesterday, it got down to 1.4
I guess playing toribash is not like riding a bike...

Well, at least from my experience, Toribash is just like learning to ride a bike.
You can't just cram in information all in one go and do amazing things.
You somehow succeed to do something after trying again and again and failing.

Just like learning to ride a bike. At first, you can only pedal for like, 5 seconds before having to put your foot down because you were starting to lose balance. But for some reason, after a few hours of trying again and again the 5 seconds turn into 30, and the 30 turns into as long as you like.

It's just that some people learn quicker than others.
But if you stop for a couple years, it doesn't stick with you as well as you might hope. XD

I've got one more question. Tonakai, you said that you can do the click to hold/relax in 3.8, right? Is 3.8 compatible with 3.83?
You can use 3.8 or 3.83, depending on what you prefer. As far as I heard 3.83 is more glitchy, so using 3.8 is better choice. You can play multiplayer using 3.83 and fight with person using 3.8 and so on.

[re] | #Polska
qui hic minxerit aut cacaverit, habeat deos superos et inferos iratos
But if you stop for a couple years, it doesn't stick with you as well as you might hope. XD

I've got one more question. Tonakai, you said that you can do the click to hold/relax in 3.8, right? Is 3.8 compatible with 3.83?

That's what I meant. I mean, I remember I used to kick so much ass it wasn't even fun . I had over 4.0 kill ratio and was on the top 10k in the rank.

When I started playing again a couple of days ago I won only a couple of games and got beaten so badly that my ratio came down to 1.something, rank top 100k.

Getting used to it again tough. I can already avoid some clappers, and yesterday broke a guy in half with the first punch