Toribash
Original Post
Ask the devs, admins, ninjas - Cevius
A few days ago, I made this post: http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=201234

Well, here is the first of many interview responses. The community has picked the top 15 questions, and all the admins, devs and ninjas have been asked. Some of them have even responded! Enjoy.

This is the interview with Cevius

1. How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
An infinite amount of 5 year olds, as they do not process the ability to fly, they can never hope to reach me floating in space around the moon, laughing maniacally.

2. How did you get into Toribash?
As one interested in physics games and general mayhem, the concept of using physics as the primary mechanic for a fighting game enticed me.

3. Will you admins/devs/ninjas ever create textured ground, trees, blocks, etc?
I have on more than one occasion made the suggestion to Hampus, but due to technical limitations at the time, It was not feasible. If toribash was to support 3d models, and not just primitives, there would be much more variety to be had. Alas, it is not the case, but who knows what tomorrow will bring.

4. What do you think about the way the community is being administrated? Not talking about the admins, but how people are hired, fired and made do their job. And what do you think about the people/processes behind these decisions and/or actions?
I have been relatively disconnected from the current community, and its management, so I am unable to comment without sounding like a hemispherical arse of repetitiveness.

5. Do you like KiTFoX?
He foxes my kits on a regular basis, so yes.

6. How do you shoot web?
The goal is not to shoot web, the goal is to be wanting to shoot web. With the desire, so too will come the understanding and emotion of shoot web, and will allow you to properly expand your mind into greater shoot web based existential discoveries.

7. As a Ninja/Admin, do you feel that the person taking your position when you leave can fill your boots?
I ran a tight ship when I was Admin/SuperAdmin here, and although the community bawked against it, things seem to run really well and the community was as a whole of a higher standard of person. Since I have withdrawn to the shadows, a younger and more irresponsible mass has managed to call Toribash home. Its not bad now, but it has lost its charm of the starting days when being in a clan meant something, and everyone knew everyone else.

8. Who would win in a fight - hampa or veb?
Veb would win, because he fights dirty.

9. What will happen once the TC cap is reached?
The community will quickly turn on itself and through a glorious battle, create a singularity of whining and petulant bitchiness that folds everyone's credits into a single point, sitting in my account. Everyone will start with classic bash themes again with no textures, and they will all leave, having never been here for the game, and just to promote their different rare colours to other differently coloured shallow bastards.

I will immediately hack the system at that point and will be the only person with a Void set. And all will be good.

10. How old is RedDevil?
Rumours have it that he is late 40s, about 47. And that's creepy.

11. How did you become an admin/ninja/dev?
I went to veb's house and punched him right in the face with my beard. The exceptional manliness of the act instantly gave me Admin.

12. Why hasn't KiTFoX cured cancer, AIDS, Global Warming, Global Hunger, Global Conflict, and everything else wrong with the world yet?
He didn't feel like it today.

13. Why exactly do you want to moderate these forums? Do you enjoy getting probably thousands of reports a day, half of which probably is just one person mad at another?
I only moderated the forums when they were smaller, so the reports never got out of hand. I also had a habit of banning people willy nilly, so just me posting in a thread usually had people behave.

Oh how I enjoyed banning people

14. Do you ever get thanked for what you do for the community?
Not really, most people saw my reign as too controlling .

Those people were quickly banned.

15. Do any of the admins/smods disagree with the way some things are handled? do you voice your opinion if/when this happens?
Most of the newer admins/smods listen to me, so any disagreement is quickly sorted, if one arose at all. They see me as the wise eye of justice and fire.

Of course I have pissed off veb a few times. I think I banned him a few times as well, which is probably how I lost admin the last time...
Last edited by SlainVeteran; Jul 2, 2010 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Removed Cevius' font choices
I has a flavour
The text hurts my eyes.

None of the cool questions were answered 'cept 9.

C:
You have received an infraction at Toribash Community.
The text is how Cevius sent his response - I just copied and pasted it.

The questions are the top 15 as voted by the community. I will be posting more responses over the next few days.
I has a flavour
Originally Posted by SlainVeteran View Post
The text is how Cevius sent his response - I just copied and pasted it.

The questions are the top 15 as voted by the community. I will be posting more responses over the next few days.

I see.
You have received an infraction at Toribash Community.
Smart answers by cevius, he actually deserves his power, unlike drshark.
Hoss.
Originally Posted by ToXiKz View Post

I don't think you realize DrSHARK's a wibblesmod, and not an admin. Because of this, he answers questions wibbles-y. In other words, stop complaining, okay?

(loving the interviews, by the way)
Originally Posted by ToXiKz View Post

You do know who drshark is and you do know that person was a great admin right?
:D