Toribash
Original Post
Ask the devs, admins, ninjas - CMon
A few days ago, I made this post: http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=201234

This is the interview with CMon

1. How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
I've actually fought a bunch of five-year olds once, and I'll tell you, it's not easy. There were about a dozen of them, and I took them on with ease. That said, today's five-year olds are notably fatter, so I think it would be safe to say no more than a dozen at a time.

2. How did you get into Toribash?
A friend of mine showed it to me (Alphons, previous nicks Taunts/Silver) way back in the end of 2006. I fooled around, mostly in Single Player until I downloaded a new version. At this time, demo servers had just been introduced, and I spent a fuckload of time noobing around in there. One day, Jarmund offered free regkeys to anyone who made a valid post in some thread, and thus, I registered on the forums.

3. Will you admins/devs/ninjas ever create textured ground, trees, blocks, etc?
Firstly, that's up to the devs and only the devs. Secondly, who knows? Hampa enjoys taking his time, but I'd rather see polish than "revolutionary", partially functional updates.

4. What do you think about the way the community is being administrated? Not talking about the admins, but how people are hired, fired and made do their job. And what do you think about the people/processes behind these decisions and/or actions?
There are things I would change, but in a sense, it all works pretty well. I've already tried influencing it to change once, but I came to the revelation that I didn't have enough time to devote myself to the task, and everyone was too stupid to realize that I'm always right.

5. Do you like KiTFoX?
I don't really have an opinion one way or another, I don't know him well enough to judge. Back when I were an admin, we had our fair share of agreements and disagreements, but I'd say our relationship was mostly professional.

6. How do you shoot web?
Meet me under the Rotherham bridge at noon. I'll explain everything.

7. As a Ninja/Admin, do you feel that the person taking your position when you leave can fill your boots?
No. I only ever trusted myself to do a perfect job - and even then I got disappointed.

8. Who would win in a fight - hampa or veb?
In Toribash, I'd be willing to place my money on veb. Hampa is terrible, to be honest. In real life though, Hampa's bearmode-skills would probably make a nice NZ-kebab out of veb.

9. What will happen once the TC cap is reached?
The apocalypse will reign down upon us, and only the worthy and virtuous ones will make it through to the new, glorious age.

10. How old is RedDevil?
I know this, but I always forget it...28? That's correct, right?

11. How did you become an admin/ninja/dev?
GMan and veb asked me if I wanted to be a member of the Alpha Team. I said yes.

12. Why hasn't KiTFoX cured cancer, AIDS, Global Warming, Global Hunger, Global Conflict, and everything else wrong with the world yet?
Because he's too busy herding you retards to attend to the problems that really matter.

13. Why exactly do you want to moderate these forums? Do you enjoy getting probably thousands of reports a day, half of which probably is just one person mad at another?
It's ego-related, but in an entirely different sense than you might think. Some SMods and Admins get off from intimidating and punishing. Others, like myself, get off on helping people, and then knowing that people appreciate me, and that I'm making myself useful.

14. Do you ever get thanked for what you do for the community?
Very often, I did. It pretty much leveled out with the senseless whining though.

15. Do any of the admins/smods disagree with the way some things are handled? do you voice your opinion if/when this happens?
I always voiced my opinion. Some people hated me for it. Not that I'd care, I'd persistently keep to my case until veb either stuck his dick in my ear or they listened to me.
I has a flavour
Originally Posted by SlainVeteran View Post
11. How did you become an admin/ninja/dev?
GMan and veb asked me if I wanted to be a member of the Alpha Team. I said yes.

I wasn't even asked, it was just forced upon me.

Also as if you don't have a huge epeen, you know you loved having power.
:D
Originally Posted by Chac View Post
all i remember about cmon is that he always tried to be witty but he was trying so hard it just became asinine

he's still that way

You hurt my feelings. Both of them.
Originally Posted by BlakNWyte View Post
come back

I somehow have to agree with this.

I especially like cmon's personality for some reason, even if I know he doesnt like me that much.

He's like a Don Juan, really.

Vox sucks
[10:14]<siku> magnificent sparkling vampire
[10:14]<siku> i love you edward

Official minibash tester. Please email [email protected] if you have found a bug!

Originally Posted by SlipAnc View Post
I know he doesnt like me that much.

What
Fact.

Vox sucks
[10:14]<siku> magnificent sparkling vampire
[10:14]<siku> i love you edward

Official minibash tester. Please email [email protected] if you have found a bug!

Originally Posted by SlipAnc View Post
Fact.

My love is hard-earned.

Down on your knees.