ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Ask the devs, admins, ninjas - BlakNWyte
A few days ago, I made this post: http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=201234

This is the interview with BlakNWyte

1. How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
I have a 5 year old sister and I reckon I could take 10 of her before I tire myself out, one after the other that is. However all ten at once, especially with those plastic barbies, yikes. I'm not so sure.

2. How did you get into Toribash?
My good buddy that goes by Conderoga first showed it to me the month of my join date, and I created an account on the forums not too long after. He was a total boss at the game and still is, but has long since been inactive. So I would consider that word of mouth.

3. Will you admins/devs/ninjas ever create textured ground, trees, blocks, etc?
As an admin I can only speculate to what will actually end up being implemented into the game. If we're lucky we see features a few weeks prior to bugtest and get feedback and things like that. But as far as textured environments go, I haven't heard anything about it. Just that it remains a definite possibility.

4. What do you think about the way the community is being administrated? Not talking about the admins, but how people are hired, fired and made do their job. And what do you think about the people/processes behind these decisions and/or actions?
The smods and admins primarily decide who is hired through an informal vote (read: days-weeks-months of discussion) and I have agreed with all the results of that process so far. What I don't like, and what most of the smods/admins don't like, is when people are added on a whim with no say at all. It's happened once or twice, not much else to say about it. It's annoying and frustrating.

5. Do you like KiTFoX?
KiTFoX is actually a really nice person. I talk to him every other day on skype and he's pretty normal, funny, etc what a lot of people might not imagine him to be.

6. How do you shoot web?
¯\(°_o)/¯

7. As a Ninja/Admin, do you feel that the person taking your position when you leave can fill your boots?
Yep. You don't have to be extremely smart to do admin work, it just takes experience and common sense/ judgement mainly.

8. Who would win in a fight - hampa or veb?
Hampa, he knows ALL the moves.

9. What will happen once the TC cap is reached?
Divide people's TC and all item costs by 10? This is a hanz0 question.

10. How old is RedDevil?
He told us once but I forgot... he's gotta be nearing his 30's now. I think he's 28.

11. How did you become an admin/ninja/dev?
I could just say that I worked my way up, but then I would be asked how I got each of those positions, lol. I started out as a local mod of my own clan board since I was the co-leader with hidingwarior and then when he left I was co-leader with gubbin. Then I applied to become a promo-team member back when it was actually hard to get into and people did some semblance of work. I was accepted and around 6 months later I became a promo-team lead in charge of all the events, and that was a lot of fun. I became a Toriagent during that, although they were disbandoned a month after I joined. I was a PT lead until I abandoned that for my smod duties which I was given around last August, almost a year ago. I was smod until around January of this year when I got promoted to admin/tsa to help out with scams and whatnot.

If there's any advice I can give to people who think they deserve positions of power, it's to shut up. TRUE modesty, reserve, and a matured attitude (notice I did not say a 'mature' attitude) will get you VERY far in toribash. Acting like a d-bag elitist or befriending every single moderator will do nothing but hurt your chances.

Shoutout to brotha slip who's been with me the entire way here.

12. Why hasn't KiTFoX cured cancer, AIDS, Global Warming, Global Hunger, Global Conflict, and everything else wrong with the world yet?
HoN skills take priority, and that could take decades. Seriously.

13. Why exactly do you want to moderate these forums? Do you enjoy getting probably thousands of reports a day, half of which probably is just one person mad at another?
Do I enjoy it? Like, am I laughing and having a blast while trying to recover multiple accounts from a scam case? What do you think? The point is I am willing to do it and there actually is a degree of satisfaction from thankful victims, and that's all I need to keep going.

14. Do you ever get thanked for what you do for the community?
Yes. The community is very good about thanking me for what I do in both individual cases and everything else. I rather enjoy it!

15. Do any of the admins/smods disagree with the way some things are handled? do you voice your opinion if/when this happens?
Yep, people disagree but at the same time we're always confident that the end result is the best one. I voice my opinion if my opinion is valuable ;]
I has a flavour
Lol, i always love to see the answers to the 5 year old girl question, and the do you like kitfox question.

but for the life of me, what's the alt code for ¯\(°_o)/¯ besides the wierd looking eye. halp. all i can make right now is \(°_o)/

edit : nevermind, found it ¯\(°_o)/¯
Last edited by stickfig56; Jul 6, 2010 at 02:07 PM.
Thats just how I thought about BlakNWyte.

Thank you SlainVeteran for doing all these interviews!
''The second industrial revolution has yet to be fully experienced by 17% of the world as nearly 1.3 billion people still lack access to electricity.''
I do love this guy.

Really.

Vox sucks
[10:14]<siku> magnificent sparkling vampire
[10:14]<siku> i love you edward

Official minibash tester. Please email [email protected] if you have found a bug!