Toribash
Original Post
Ask the devs, admins, ninjas - Mosier
A few days ago, I made this post: http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=201234

This is the interview with Mosier

1. How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
Depends, boys or girls? THERE'S A DIFFERENCE

At least 37, unless im hibernating. Then like 68. God damn dream powers.

2. How did you get into Toribash?
I saw a vid on the internets of notbowens. I thought the game looked interesting, and so I tried it. At first I didnt like it honestly. I had no idea what I was doing, and I didnt really want to learn. I put it down, but picked it up again a few weeks later, and ended up sticking with it.

3. Will you admins/devs/ninjas ever create textured ground, trees, blocks, etc?
I dont think textures are that important in a game like this. I would rather have a much more functional 'live' modding system where we can move objects on the fly rather than having a texturing option.

4. What do you think about the way the community is being administrated? Not talking about the admins, but how people are hired, fired and made do their job. And what do you think about the people/processes behind these decisions and/or actions?
The way this place is handled is nice in theory. I mean, who would understand this game better than the people who use the game a lot and already know the ins and outs of it?

Unfortunately, like communism, it doesnt work as well in practice. Not to say the admins/smods etc suck; but the game is small and aside from giving workers tc/items for their work, they get no compensation. Because of that, and the fact that most of the workers are pretty much still teenagers, we cant always trust them to be here to help us. They have their own priorities before thinking about toribash. As an admin and old pt leader, I did try to respect that, but it became hard to tell the difference between 'busy' and 'lazy'. That is where the firing started to kick in.

Hiring volunteers from the inside is hard to do in general. You really need to find the right kind of dedicated people who are willing to take the time to do this because they are passionate about this game, and not because they want reputation/compensation.

5. Do you like KiTFoX?
Hehe, kitfox. All jokes aside, I actually do. I was the one who gave kit his first chance by bringing him onto the promo-team. Before that, I really didnt like him much tbh, he seemed like kind of a pompous asshole. And well, he can be, but he can also be really cool and a good worker when he wants to be

6. How do you shoot web?
magnets

7. As a Ninja/Admin, do you feel that the person taking your position when you leave can fill your boots?
I think when I left, Novitech was brought in as my replacement (honestly i dont remember). I totally recommended him and believed he would do a great job. Even though he sort of had a falling out with a few of the higher up members in the community, I do think he was an extremely awesome person and awesome admin. Fuck politics.

8. Who would win in a fight - hampa or veb?
Veb cant even stand up.

9. What will happen once the TC cap is reached?
Nuclear annihilation

10. How old is RedDevil?
Well, if the devil was created after heaven was created 2000 years ago, then I would assume has has to be at least 1999 years old.

11. How did you become an admin/ninja/dev?
I dont even know.

I remember one day just opening up the forum and noticing that i had some extra buttons on other peoples posts. I was like 'wat', then ishi was like 'dude i think you got smod' and i was like 'wat'. Then veb pmed me a bit later and was like 'dude u has esmawd nao' and im like 'kay schweet'.

Then another day after that, gman and veb invited me and bdo and some others to a channel and were like 'yo dawg so i heard you like moderating' and they made us alpha-team members. SIMPLE AS THAT.

12. Why hasn't KiTFoX cured cancer, AIDS, Global Warming, Global Hunger, Global Conflict, and everything else wrong with the world yet?
Semen doesnt come cheap.

13. Why exactly do you want to moderate these forums? Do you enjoy getting probably thousands of reports a day, half of which probably is just one person mad at another?
I started helping on toribash by doing sp comps. And from there moved to gk, then smod, then admin/pt leader etc. Honestly the biggest reason is because it actually feels nice to help people and make them enjoy the game as much as I have. I always tried to make tourneys that people could have fun in as a pt host and I tried to help people as much as I can without wanting to kill myself (just yet).

14. Do you ever get thanked for what you do for the community?
Of course. But I also got yelled at just as much.

15. Do any of the admins/smods disagree with the way some things are handled? do you voice your opinion if/when this happens?
haha, of course. I think gman was pretty tired of me complaining everyday on how much some of our systems sucked. I mean, they werent really that bad but there were a lot of things I wish we handled differently. And of course, there is a lot of community politics that would go on that I absolutely hated. As an admin, I tried to voice my opinion and such, but it's like trying to break through a brick wall with a plastic spoon. You'll only get through if you become really good friends with the wall and get it to do your bidding for you.
I has a flavour
Really interesting interview. IMO the best so far. Now I can see that he really treated it seriously. Mosiers answers are objective and interesting, he writes eloquently. I really enjoy reading it, great job.
this is awesome it reminds me of chrisdom's interviews.i like how mosier answered to question number 5. and 11.
Gj
Last edited by sprytryne; Jul 7, 2010 at 11:59 AM.
Great interview. I like that Mosier has given us more information than the others, lets me feel closer to him etc.

<3 Mosier
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ALL HAIL THE METAPHOR!!
Best answers yet.

/me gives Mosier a certificate
Originally Posted by Aspire
HAHAHA, I'M NOT A LOCAL MODERATOR ANYMORE. YOU STUPID PEOPLE!

Pretty much the same opinions as me, in most aspects.

Best interview so far imo.
We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
12. Why hasn't KiTFoX cured cancer, AIDS, Global Warming, Global Hunger, Global Conflict, and everything else wrong with the world yet?
Semen doesnt come cheap

Epic win.
Most creative answers yet.
There were some quite nice stuff back then when we were both PT leads.

I always love to think back to that time.

Vox sucks
[10:14]<siku> magnificent sparkling vampire
[10:14]<siku> i love you edward

Official minibash tester. Please email [email protected] if you have found a bug!

Originally Posted by SlipAnc View Post
There were some quite nice stuff back then when we were both PT leads.

I always love to think back to that time.

Aww yeah bro. Apart from when Mosier yelled at us.

Good answers, Mosier. Honest without sounding like a jerk. That's an achievement!
[CENTER]
lead Sigma
Believe it or not, Mosier liked me back then. He even gave me a custom usertitle

Vox sucks
[10:14]<siku> magnificent sparkling vampire
[10:14]<siku> i love you edward

Official minibash tester. Please email [email protected] if you have found a bug!