Ranking
Original Post
Ask the devs, admins, ninjas - SlipAnc
A few days ago, I made this post: http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=201234

This is the interview with SlipAnc

1. How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
I'd totally run away if some five year olds were about to beat the crap out of me.

2. How did you get into Toribash?
I was invited by my classmate who left some while after I joined. I liked the game so I got stuck here.

3. Will you admins/devs/ninjas ever create textured ground, trees, blocks, etc?
Textured environment is right now impossible but I think the game will eventually get into that phase, yes.

4. What do you think about the way the community is being administrated? Not talking about the admins, but how people are hired, fired and made do their job. And what do you think about the people/processes behind these decisions and/or actions?
We're all given duties to take care of, and usually one guy is assigned to do specific jobs only he can do or he's the best in it. Usually when it comes to hiring, we try to view the case from as many points of views as possible to avoid unfairness, but that is almost impossible, people will always feel that they were handled unfairly. We are working to reduce that to the minimum.

5. Do you like KiTFoX?
Yes. If you don't believe me, then feel free to contact him.

6. How do you shoot web?
k

7. As a Ninja/Admin, do you feel that the person taking your position when you leave can fill your boots?
I doubt that anyone feels that. When you get used to administrating, you deal with cases every day, you can't possibly imagine anyone doing what you do the way you do it. People tend to think higher of themselves then of others that's why even when someone becomes inactive wants to see himself in his old position.
So my answer is I could live with it but I cant imagine anyone doing what I do the way I do it.

8. Who would win in a fight - hampa or veb?
I dont know. veb's generally scary, but hampa can get really scary when he rages. I'd love to see them fight tho.

9. What will happen once the TC cap is reached?
The ice caps will melt and you will drown.

10. How old is RedDevil?
4 years old.

11. How did you become an admin/ninja/dev?
I was invited into the promo-team by bdo back in the day. Then I worked hard and I started to gain higher positions while finally I ended up here.

12. Why hasn't KiTFoX cured cancer, AIDS, Global Warming, Global Hunger, Global Conflict, and everything else wrong with the world yet?
Because he still needs more people to contact him.

13. Why exactly do you want to moderate these forums? Do you enjoy getting probably thousands of reports a day, half of which probably is just one person mad at another?
It takes away my attention from my real life, it makes me relax, even tho I get mad lots of times, that's different. It's like a whole new world and I want to make something that makes you remember that I was here.

14. Do you ever get thanked for what you do for the community?
I do, even if it's only a small amount, but I do. People usually forget about gratitude and just demand help, but one thanks is worth 100 cases for me.

15. Do any of the admins/smods disagree with the way some things are handled? do you voice your opinion if/when this happens?
Yes, we do have fights between us, but that's normal in my opinion. I usually state my opinions even if I get yelled at because of it.
Last edited by rittu; Jul 8, 2010 at 05:34 PM. Reason: bold code
I has a flavour
First question made me laugh, the honesty is exciting in these interviews.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ALL HAIL THE METAPHOR!!
What? You'd be coward enough to stay there and get beaten?

Vox sucks
[10:14]<siku> magnificent sparkling vampire
[10:14]<siku> i love you edward

Official minibash tester. Please email [email protected] if you have found a bug!

i think those little kids would topple me over. u are smart to run slip.

Originally Posted by SlipAnc View Post
What? You'd be coward enough to stay there and get beaten?

I totally think you would go all Dracula on them and then be running around with a bunch of vampire kids. Sorta like that Robert Pattinson guy.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ALL HAIL THE METAPHOR!!
In my opinion, you should stay and bite all of their necks, turning them into vampires and somehow managing to get a montage music video of dracula dancing to Thriller with a bunch of vampire babies. But that's just me.

<~oyster> i want you to fart near my mouth
Well that'll be pretty hard.

Although there's the BB wushu and the Ultimate wushu, those kinda replace the old server 13.

Vox sucks
[10:14]<siku> magnificent sparkling vampire
[10:14]<siku> i love you edward

Official minibash tester. Please email [email protected] if you have found a bug!