Ranking
Original Post
Ask the devs, admins, ninjas - Dafe
A few days ago, I made this post: http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=201234

This is the interview with Dafe

1. How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
Probably an indefinite number, depending on the scenario. If it's like The Game of Death, eventually, I'd just run out of energy, fighting, and climbing stairs. If it were like the Game of Death, but with break rooms and food, and I could go at my own pace, I could probably go until I died of natural causes. If it was all at once, as a mob, I'd take the initial group out as brutally as possible, to demoralize and scare the rest. I think you can only watch so many bones be broken, hear so many joints popping, listen to so many screams, before you lose your will to fight.

2. How did you get into Toribash?
A buddy of mine found out about it through Something Awful, and referred me. It's basically a game I'd wanted to make since high school, but the double blind turn frames never occurred to me.

3. Will you admins/devs/ninjas ever create textured ground, trees, blocks, etc?
Wouldn't be hard to put it into mod files, but you'd end up with mod archives to package the textures together, instead of the small, clean text files you have now. I'd be surprised if it never made it in.

4. What do you think about the way the community is being administrated? Not talking about the admins, but how people are hired, fired and made do their job. And what do you think about the people/processes behind these decisions and/or actions?
Honestly, I don't know much about it. I never went through the standard process.

5. Do you like KiTFoX?
Got nothing against him. Don't know him well enough to make a call either way.

6. How do you shoot web?
I don't.

7. As a Ninja/Admin, do you feel that the person taking your position when you leave can fill your boots?
I have roughly no boots to fill. I've done some obvious thread moves, bad post deletions, but nothing serious. Any monkey could do that.

8. Who would win in a fight - hampa or veb?
Hands down, Hampa.

9. What will happen once the TC cap is reached?
If you're lucky, a major change in how the economy works. What's good for Nabi is good for Toribash.

10. How old is RedDevil?
No idea.

11. How did you become an admin/ninja/dev?
I think veb just decided to turn me into a ninja. Work I've done on Nabi's websites and my AI that never got finished, I think, just came out of getting attention from Lua scripting.

12. Why hasn't KiTFoX cured cancer, AIDS, Global Warming, Global Hunger, Global Conflict, and everything else wrong with the world yet?
Those are large initiatives, and are unlikely to be credited to any single individual. As for why they haven't been handled in general, I blame communication channels not being mature enough yet.

13. Why exactly do you want to moderate these forums? Do you enjoy getting probably thousands of reports a day, half of which probably is just one person mad at another?
I generally only ever moderate threads that I see need it when I stumble onto them. Somebody needs to moderate, and if there's nobody else to do it, I'll do it, otherwise, I'm happy to let someone else do it.

14. Do you ever get thanked for what you do for the community?
All the time. But that's generally not related to administration. More making replays, and scripts I write. Random help I offer.

15. Do any of the admins/smods disagree with the way some things are handled? do you voice your opinion if/when this happens?
Pretty sure they do. If I'm around when it happens, I'll throw in my two cents, but I don't watch everything.
I has a flavour
If only you knew the real Dafe.
:D
Originally Posted by Blam View Post

Too bad I've only ever heard ghost stories or read some of his posts from ages ago when I go all necro.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ALL HAIL THE METAPHOR!!
Originally Posted by Blam View Post

His sig makes me lol everytime I read it
Clearly this is an alt.
Fuck yeah