Endurance Onslaught 6.0
Original Post
Discord
Irc is a bitch to join all of the time, so why doesn't toribash have its own official discord? It would be easier to stay active with the community and remind me that toribash is a thing. It is basically a plus for all active discord users like me.
Last edited by Arctic; Dec 12, 2017 at 01:46 AM.
"IRC, otherwise known as Internet Relay Chat, is one of the oldest and most popular forms of Computer Mediated Communication. Developed far before the World Wide Web, IRC is one of the largest uses of bandwidth on the Internet. Invented in 1988 by Jarkko Oikarinen in 1988, the program exploded in popularity."

To be fair, most people these days use discord. Users would more likely shy away from an irc server rather than a discord server. To put it simply, irc is a bit out of date. I would also like to point out how successful these non official discord servers have been which can weaken or strengthen this suggestion depending on how you look at it.

Edit: We wouldn't have to get rid of IRC if a discord was set up. I just believe appealing to the newer members is a good idea. Especially for support.
Last edited by Link; Dec 4, 2016 at 10:35 PM.
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
I was just typing about how IRC feels old and outdated with discord now, how Toribash is beomcing stagnant because most people who play tb now are from the old days and they don't want change. Official Discord :c
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message:
Be more straightforward with your uplifting messages or I'll fucking skin you alive.
Originally Posted by TyZi View Post
nothing like a long post full of preference

what if i said i'd rather use irc? i don't want you all to have my discord.

i see icky-phone more than i see icky, all i did in my irc client was auto /msg nickserv, irc servers aren't hard to set up

Really, you can use both if you want. Or just IRC. It's up to you, introducing an official Discord won't affect any IRC activity on the short term, I think.

IRC servers are indeed easy to set up if you know what you're doing. People not used to IRC will have a harder time connecting to IRC than users who do have experience with IRC, which is obvious. But connecting to Discord is almost instantaneous. You click a link, enter a nickname and you're done. No manually setting up irc.toribash.com/6667, no join commands, no nickserv registering/identifying/ghosting, all that stuff is confusing for people who don't know IRC.

The point I'm trying to prove is that Discord is more user-friendly than IRC, definitely for new people. Know that I don't wish to replace IRC with Discord. I do agree it's inconvenient if you don't want others to know your Discord tag, that's gonna be a difficult problem to tackle.
Last edited by Slau; Dec 4, 2016 at 11:13 PM.
I think this is more going to be more supported than it not being supported. It just matters on who will manage/create it. Admins? Or will we separate the forums mods from the discord mods?
the toribash hangout server is pretty well maintained
what do you see in that server that would not suffice in a "properly moderated server"

it's just another one of those things that isn't going to happen because there's no point
I support it, it's going to make support a lot easier (as long as staff actually use it), it's generally more user-friendly and, as Light said, its possible to have auto-moderating bots.

Apathetic User
Tyzi being extra edgy.
Discord doesnt sound like a terrible idea. Worth a try.
Even if its only socially based, people want more ways to communicate, providing them with a place to do so sounds fine.
Last edited by BenDover; Dec 7, 2016 at 10:17 AM.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
Tyzi being extra edgy.
Discord doesnt sound like a terrible idea. Worth a try.

I'm sure you wouldn't care about having a more convenient place for people to have contact with staff members and have the ability to flame them, it's almost like you don't have that problem.

It could go through, but I'm not going to use it.
Originally Posted by Kaneki333 View Post
I'm Brazilian, i'm alredy fucked every day i wake up

Originally Posted by TyZi View Post
I'm sure you wouldn't care about having a more convenient place for people to have contact with staff members and have the ability to flame them, it's almost like you don't have that problem.

there is a ban option you know right? discord works just like irc but better, you can even set bots to keep things steady. There are numerous discords with more close to 100 members, and it still has an organization and the moderators dont have issues.