Toribash
Hold on you don't honestly believe people weren't thinking about stuff along the same lines as this 1000 ago do you? It may not always be how the world will end, but anything along the lines of wondering what happens to us when we die or any other obsession with our existence ending. Since man could first abstractly conceptualize death as an event they wondered what happened afterwords, do we experience anything, heaven, hell, blah blah blah, which certainly isn't worrying about how to feed a family. It's a part of being human to wonder about our lives ending and what may come after, all that being said though I can agree with you that it is annoying as fuck to see the same rehashed apocalypse scenarios over and over again, but it's what people will do.
You can say this about pretty much any leisure activity you don't participate in. Really, you have nothing better to do with your free time than X? You could be doing Y.

I don't see what it matters.
Selling Kung Fu Master Beard $250 USD. Non-negotiable. Now accepting bitcoin! I'll accept an offer as low as 0.15BTC!
Pretend you're as elite as us old schoolers with this unique old schooler only beard!
DesertPunk

Please click this
Visit Buy something from my Poor Quality 3D/2D/Pixel/Photography/Sounds/Writing/Scripts/Anything Shop
The Mayans were most certainly thinking of this 10... 2.. uh... longish time ago. *shifty eyes*

It's important but not immediatly. If we intend to survive the otherwise-end we may as well be prepared for it a few million years in advance. Really the only really pointless sort of things are probably computer games and stuff like that. Uhm.
This is a twist. Now a moderator is raging at the regular community members.
To the topic, I don't think anybody can stop themselves from thinking of one thing. I know a bucket full of things to think about that aren't better than the apocalypse.
And, by your post about instincts, I believe you're saying thinking about the apocalypse will cause the apocalypse.
Mhm.
Okay, Spock, just because it's not logical to think about it doesn't mean that it's not interesting for a lot of kids. Especially that image of them blasting the fuck out of undead humans with shotguns and shit. That's why zombie culture in media is worth like 3.8 billion dollars, cba to look up the real amount.
Originally Posted by Acavado View Post
The Mayans were most certainly thinking of this 10... 2.. uh... longish time ago. *shifty eyes*

It's important but not immediatly. If we intend to survive the otherwise-end we may as well be prepared for it a few million years in advance. Really the only really pointless sort of things are probably computer games and stuff like that. Uhm.

No they weren't. They were making a calendar, and happened to not have a round stone big enough to make it longer.

Originally Posted by gamekid View Post
This is a twist. Now a moderator is raging at the regular community members.
To the topic, I don't think anybody can stop themselves from thinking of one thing. I know a bucket full of things to think about that aren't better than the apocalypse.
And, by your post about instincts, I believe you're saying thinking about the apocalypse will cause the apocalypse.

Thats not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying that thinking about something retarded will cause you to become more retarded. While you lay in your stick-and-dung hut imagining what the end of the world is like, I've built an undersea utopia out of cat hair and frozen horse piss.

Originally Posted by DrJim View Post
Okay, Spock, just because it's not logical to think about it doesn't mean that it's not interesting for a lot of kids. Especially that image of them blasting the fuck out of undead humans with shotguns and shit. That's why zombie culture in media is worth like 3.8 billion dollars, cba to look up the real amount.

Interesting and not retarded are 2 different things. I am fairly certain that no matter how much you think of blasing the fuck out of undead humans with shotguns, you will never get to do it, nor will it help you progress in life in any way, shape or form.
Hoss.
Then why didn't they think "Oh my, we certainly need a bigger really round stone." rather than "We all die."

Wait, wasn't it that they found that they couldn't predict it any further or someshtuff?

*googles*

Dah da dahh, edits. Actually, so, the Mayans may have never predicted the end of the world at all. They may have predicted an age of enlightenment, or a miracle. Or nothing.

In any case, doomsday predictions have been around for a while.
Last edited by Acavado; Nov 8, 2011 at 08:29 PM.
Then why didn't they think "Oh my, we certainly need a bigger really round stone." rather than "We all die."

Wait, wasn't it that they found that they couldn't predict it any further or someshtuff?

*googles*

They didn't, nor were they predicting anything. They were making a fucking calendar.
Hoss.
Out of useless thing that we could possibility be thinking about, thinking about how humanity might be wiped out would be the lesser of many.

It doesn't seem people have ever done anything for any reason except that they feel like it, no matter how retarded it is, although focusing on something necessary to your survival would be more rational. Only a little though, since very, very few people have any rational reason for wanting to survive/reproduce either.

Meh. It's kind of a weird question. When will the world end. I don't see why it has to end.
Out of useless thing that we could possibility be thinking about, thinking about how humanity might be wiped out would be the lesser of many.

It doesn't seem people have ever done anything for any reason except that they feel like it, no matter how retarded it is, although focusing on something necessary to your survival would be more rational. Only a little though, since very, very few people have any rational reason for wanting to survive/reproduce either.

Meh. It's kind of a weird question. When will the world end. I don't see why it has to end.

Well, eventually everything comes to an end. Also the world.
I sell TC and I give loans. PM me for info.
Need help with market? PM Ryan
<augans> youre my thiggist
<Muze> Id like to say, I don't apologize, I'm a tough guy in irl and I will be a tough guy in a video game. Ok that's it.