Toribash
Original Post
Knock-out!
Greetings to all.

Once playing Toribash a while ago i thought of the idea of introducing an "Knock-out" option to the game. This "Kock-out" happens when a player takes a strong/noticeable strike to the head which causes the person receiving a "knock-out" or getting "Knocked-out" the player then becomes fully relaxed and is unable to move for a certain time/ frames.

Looking for more feedback on this idea and other thoughts that should be introduced into the game.

Regards,
Adam
Last edited by Adam; Apr 17, 2016 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Name change
I think that combining the idea of an automatic ko and sparring (as I have read it before) is a very bad idea. But I still dream of a competitive sparring system and I think the automatic ko is taken into account. Just as the dismemberment or fracture, the ko should be taken into account.

Supported.

My Youtube channel : Mocucha Toribash

Where can this idea from now? Like how do i go about seeing if it can be put into action?
You most likely don't. Not many radical gameplay mechanic ideas ever get added so don't get your hopes up.

Nevertheless this is one of the better ideas of this sort I have seen and it is reasonably developed so it's not impossible.

Maybe write a summary of how this would work based on other people's posts about the idea. This would make it easier to work out what could be improved and whether it is possible or not.
Good morning sweet princess
Oooo.... Nice idea.
But it must be toggleable for certain mods, it would be ridiculously OP in judo and taekkyon.
Support
"But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?" - Mark Twain.
it sounds like a good idea but i can see LOTS of people hating it because in mods with longer frames it would really be op (like judo :L)
That baby aint mine
I remember seeing this suggestion a while ago and it was full of hate, other than that, this could be an interesting feature, yet could bring a lot of unfairness in a way, should be good only when both players confirm on adding knockout.
|Evil|
I don't exist
This is so dumb, competitive sparring is literally impossible, how twitchy is too twitchy? Who judges if it's realistic? go play sumore if you want something close.
I spar a bit and even after a K.O I don't relax all, I hold a few joints I need to so the fall looks natural.

What purpose does this serve?
This idea has a MASSIVE amount of support to it. After reading the OP and the rest of the responces, I've only come across maybe 2 people who disagree with this idea. I also agree that having a knockout threshold will provide not only a new challange, but possibly a new style of playing and maybe even new mods and events. I can almost guarantee that the GMTeam will utilize this for new In game and forum events.

Supported
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[VIBE] 2015~2016 | Team Pokemon | [Origin] 2014~2015 | Team Aikido | [Obey] ~Because Frost Said So...
Originally Posted by Fates View Post
This idea has a MASSIVE amount of support to it. After reading the OP and the rest of the responces, I've only come across maybe 2 people who disagree with this idea. I also agree that having a knockout threshold will provide not only a new challange, but possibly a new style of playing and maybe even new mods and events. I can almost guarantee that the GMTeam will utilize this for new In game and forum events.

Supported

Thanks for the feedback!
Im glad with all the positive feedback!

Cheers!!
Great idea, would bring some refreshening air into TB.
This idea exists for a long time now, Solax once created a social group for that.
Why wasn't it implemented back then?
I'm only cleaning here..