Ranking
Originally Posted by Yuma View Post
Solax,

how does a relatively new member of the toribash community gain enough prestige and recognition to compete with the current foundation of old, established, and memified folk that make up staff, the upper echelon of clans, and legends?

It seems that there are simply too few freshmeats coming into the community to make any real difference in the way things are. Many of the greatest artists in the community are from way back, with very few newbies even contributing (tbh it is tough to tell who is new and who is an alt/namechanger). Top clans that reign above the rest are full of weathered, experienced players going back to even 2007. Staff is pretty much the same for years on.

It just feels a bit difficult for a newb like me to step up and pursue higher goals here when there are a magnitude of veterans who can replace you. This makes it easy for people to overlook greenies like me when this is the case. It isn't even a problem of quality; old doesn't mean better. But there are certainly merits that come with age that newcomers will never have (at least not for 6 years or so).

I hope you understand what I am asking.

(I've actually been here longer than 2017 but shhh . . .)
-----
It just seems that at this point in Toribash, it is difficult to really make an IMPACT. It ain't like the good ol' days where the community was buzzing, competition was on fire, and we even had healthy podcasts and youtube channels growing! Before was like postwar economy. Booming.

I was just passing through the forums and happened upon this. Much like Solax said, you cant expect to make a huge impact without much time in the community. I'm from 2009, one of those Veterans, and I still suck at this game lol, but what i can say is that Toribash is a game of personal enjoyment for me, its up to you what it means to you. If you want recognition as a player, then win tourneys, play in clan wars, actively find places to try your skills, and play against those who are better than you, and surpass them. If you want style, Spar, Freerun, find your style, and own it. On the Art side of things, I've made real world usd off of the tc ive earned, and art sales here on toribash, but it was something that just happened i suppose. I was not much of an artist in 2009, and i was young, as i am 24 as i am writing this. So as i grew up and played toribash more, I learned a lot more about the textures, and art that went into it, as well Toribash itself. Toribash is computer animation, anitmator vs animator, of a 3d humanoid object, through a game engine, so when i was deciding on a college i decided toribash had given me some experience with GameArt and Computer Animation, and a fair bit of Texturing experience, so i went to school for Game Art, and afterwards i have been much better at making toribash textures and assets, but with effort and understanding you can do that too, just understand that it will take time to develope those skills. If you have any questions dm me, have a good one.
We all suck at toribash, some of us just get good at hiding it. - Mattm8r

Message me on Discord for Toribash-related Art Commissions or Advice, or if you just have questions. Michaeleukari#6772
Originally Posted by Solax View Post
Oi. Ask me for more advice.

Hey buddy, it's been a minute.

Its 2am on a Thursday night. What am I doing with my life?

Help appreciated. Love u
ES Member | [a] Adventure
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
hey solax what do you think of bringing back a competitive global rank like the good ole days
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message:
Be more straightforward with your uplifting messages or I'll fucking skin you alive.
yo,

how do i control my own anger problem? back then, i used to be this happy, energetic, friendly kid who likes to play games all the time and now i have no idea what the fuck happened. well i say i have no idea what happened but really i think it's because of that one toxic relationship i had like a year ago, and now i just gave up on love and do some random basic shit. every time when my friends said something wrong or not true at all, i just don't care and i literally called them out brutally. it's almost as if i'm trying to pick a fight with them about it. i'm also slowly losing my ability to speak politely and always speak in a sarcastic tone.

it's really a good thing that i can recognize my own issue now but the problem is on how to deal with it. i really want to become a better man so i can just be, happy. i have 2 younger sisters and their attitude is amazing and polite. i just don't want to influence them to have an attitude like mine, like i don't want to become the reason for their sudden attitude change. i want them to always stay clean and, safe.

so yeah, that's pretty much it. i have nothing else to say anymore.
æ-r ♪
what do i do about a guy who asks for advice and then doesn't even answer my question on the previous page (page 13) (still open to advice) (would much prefer advice on the previous question and not this question) (i think i know the answer to this question)
Originally Posted by unbandemon View Post
well solax there's this girl in my class and i wanna be her little pay pig any advice?

Talk to her about it, not me.

Originally Posted by Sneaky View Post
Hey buddy, it's been a minute.

Its 2am on a Thursday night. What am I doing with my life?

Help appreciated. Love u

I'm a night owl too, nothing wrong with it; unless it's impacting things you have to do in the morning.

Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
hey solax what do you think of bringing back a competitive global rank like the good ole days

Yea why not.

Originally Posted by aldraddd View Post
yo,

how do i control my own anger problem? back then, i used to be this happy, energetic, friendly kid who likes to play games all the time and now i have no idea what the fuck happened. well i say i have no idea what happened but really i think it's because of that one toxic relationship i had like a year ago, and now i just gave up on love and do some random basic shit. every time when my friends said something wrong or not true at all, i just don't care and i literally called them out brutally. it's almost as if i'm trying to pick a fight with them about it. i'm also slowly losing my ability to speak politely and always speak in a sarcastic tone.

it's really a good thing that i can recognize my own issue now but the problem is on how to deal with it. i really want to become a better man so i can just be, happy. i have 2 younger sisters and their attitude is amazing and polite. i just don't want to influence them to have an attitude like mine, like i don't want to become the reason for their sudden attitude change. i want them to always stay clean and, safe.

so yeah, that's pretty much it. i have nothing else to say anymore.

Well for starters, it's good that you recognise that you have a problem. This reminds me a bit of myself following a relationship I had years ago; I didn't have anger issues but I came out of it feeling very jaded and cynical about everything. It may be something that just improves with time but until then just remember: we can't control what happens around us or what other people do or say, but we can control how we react to it. Some mindfulness exercises may be helpful here to help you get into the habit of being able to recognise these feelings when they come up, allowing you to pause, observe them, and let them go without reacting in a negative way.
Originally Posted by Solax View Post
Talk to her about it, not me.

she's not a tori legend i don't trust her advice when it comes to these kinds of things