Toribash
Original Post
An Auto Filter for names.
Hello, So.
Toribash is getting older as the time passes, People keep coming and coming, Everyone that comes, simply tries a name in order to play with it. Which is common among multiplayer games, but what's kind of lame that is the names are getting more ''sucks'' by the time, more numbers, only old people who get the best names, people can't have a name change or a good name unless that name is 3-4 years old, and a total cost of 100k!
That's not the case.
Toribash was created 2006, which means 6 year- old game!
A huge amount of people should've left toribash either because maturity/bordism/givingIn and stuff, But me? I almost left because I didn't have a nice name, like Hunter with few numbers, The only name that I had that made sense was ''ToribashNewbie''. which got so much saracism.

Simply in 2006/2007/2008 you could probably make a name like ''John'' ''jack'' ''Super'' ''anonymous''...etc which are the most names wanted right now.
the case is, there should be a name filter. What does that mean? The accounts exceeded the 4 years will be filtered, which will be allowed to take that name.
As most of people hate numbers in names, and people that are more likely like ME. Like to make a huge amount and collection of fantastic names.
So yes, that's the Idea, with known that the names older than 4 years, which the names which are in ''3'' years time are allowed to have name change instead, which wouldn't destroy ''The names profit for admins'', and with knowing that 4 years overcame the half of time that toribash lived, Thank you for your attention.
so basically you want to filter the old names cuz you like to horde names? buying names is a tc sink and is one of the few ways(that I know of) that's the admins get paid.

Keep it as is pls.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message:
Be more straightforward with your uplifting messages or I'll fucking skin you alive.
Moving this to suggestions and ideas board. This board is for asking questions, not suggesting things.

And eh, toribash is currently 10 years old, not 6 like you said. Alot of names are taken, ofcours, but it's like that in almost any game out there. As far as I know, toribash is already being a bit special by offering namechanges, something alot of games don't.

Next to that, an auto filter would be pretty hard to make, as some names never should be changed, even though they are 3 years old. Imagine some boob walking around as Hampa if he ever goes inactive.

And this is about changing people's usernames, currently it's been done on 3 year old accounts, but people pay 100k for that. There's always the risk some old player comes back to see what happened to the game, I don't think someone like that will like it if he suddenly has a bad name. That's one the reasons why it's 100k, because there's that risk.
Hi
Rapid Threads Lmod.
Got any questions? Feel free to ask!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by zwouter View Post
Moving this to suggestions and ideas board. This board is for asking questions, not suggesting things.

And eh, toribash is currently 10 years old, not 6 like you said. Alot of names are taken, ofcours, but it's like that in almost any game out there. As far as I know, toribash is already being a bit special by offering namechanges, something alot of games don't.

Next to that, an auto filter would be pretty hard to make, as some names never should be changed, even though they are 3 years old. Imagine some boob walking around as Hampa if he ever goes inactive.

And this is about changing people's usernames, currently it's been done on 3 year old accounts, but people pay 100k for that. There's always the risk some old player comes back to see what happened to the game, I don't think someone like that will like it if he suddenly has a bad name. That's one the reasons why it's 100k, because there's that risk.

Yes, 10 years. My bad.. but that even worse.
And no, not really. As far as I know, most of multiplayer games I play Have that Auto filter, and some other games just restart the server from time to time.
Hampa, He wouldn't go 4 years Inactive, Why? Because he's the Game Author, he needs to stay related to the game to develop it, and As far as I see, he still Answering question in his Thread board. You mentioned only hampa that there are names shouldn't be changed.
They wouldn't like it even If someone payed 100k to take the name either, The risk is big in both cases, but this system is kind of more risky, but I wouldn't say that a big percent of people who will return back, will actually, Remember their passwords or e-mails, Also if he returns back, there's a chance for him still to pick his name again, No one knows that the name wouldn't be taken, it Depends on LUCK.
100k would be for TC-sinking, If it was a real risk, they would've made it 1-2 years.
Even though, People still also wouldn't like to come and play a game which their name in it is ''Sucks'', probably at first but when they get in average, they wouldn't go for it.
Last edited by FulX; Jun 18, 2016 at 10:25 AM.
earn money and get 100k, it isn't really that hard. if the name is still active and taken well that isn't really what you're suggesting
you can get old names just buy it
Originally Posted by FulX View Post
Yes, 10 years. My bad.. but that even worse.
And no, not really. As far as I know, most of multiplayer games I play Have that Auto filter, and some other games just restart the server from time to time.
Hampa, He wouldn't go 4 years Inactive, Why? Because he's the Game Author, he needs to stay related to the game to develop it, and As far as I see, he still Answering question in his Thread board. You mentioned only hampa that there are names shouldn't be changed.
They wouldn't like it even If someone payed 100k to take the name either, The risk is big in both cases, but this system is kind of more risky, but I wouldn't say that a big percent of people who will return back, will actually, Remember their passwords or e-mails, Also if he returns back, there's a chance for him still to pick his name again, No one knows that the name wouldn't be taken, it Depends on LUCK.
100k would be for TC-sinking, If it was a real risk, they would've made it 1-2 years.
Even though, People still also wouldn't like to come and play a game which their name in it is ''Sucks'', probably at first but when they get in average, they wouldn't go for it.

To filter the names, you'll also need to delete posts/threads and end up breaking a lot of things, and paying 100k isn't a bad price for something you'll end up getting stuck with, plus as other's said it is a great tc sinker.
|Evil|
I don't exist
No.
Most games give you the option to purchase the namechange after a set time of inactivity. You know, like league or xbox.
Originally Posted by Kaneki333 View Post
I'm Brazilian, i'm alredy fucked every day i wake up