Endurance Onslaught 6.0
Original Post
Ask the devs, admins, ninjas - avwave
A few days ago, I made this post: http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=201234

This is the interview with avwave

1. How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
five: one for each appendage

2. How did you get into Toribash?
it started off as research for a paper in college about physics simulation. i googled and saw its a good game when 3.x came out, i started playing it and got hooked on the customization aspect of it

3. Will you admins/devs/ninjas ever create textured ground, trees, blocks, etc?
sure as hell I wont, but i'm pretty sure it can be done. hampa and the crew already pushed the engine to more than what it is capable of, so its not a far off idea (also, i could be eating my own words. for all i know they already finished those features)

4. What do you think about the way the community is being administrated? Not talking about the admins, but how people are hired, fired and made do their job. And what do you think about the people/processes behind these decisions and/or actions?
its full on web of trust (at least community wise) if someone cant get along, they get booted. its not far off from how other corporations hire/fire employees. group and team dynamics is as essential as competency. you can be the best at what you do, but if you're an ass about it, you get sacked

5. Do you like KiTFoX?
a lot of people hate the everloving guts out of him, but I respect him enough not to hate him. I like him. Quite a lot. now stop picking on him

6. How do you shoot web?
first, you get a fast oxidizing compound that hardens in air preferably those spray foam insulation. next you will need a can /charge of pressurized oxygen. next fashion a spinneret out of a hose sprinkler mechanism. attach this to the end of the sprayfoam outlet and the oxygen outlet. the oxygen outlet should spin the spinneret and the sprayfoam should pass through the hose sprinkler. the oxygen would ensure that the foam wouldnt clog the holes and will give the sprayfoam an initial speed boost. make a killswitch trigger to activate the spinner foam mechanism AND discharge the oxygen canister and the spray foam in one go. wear spider themed spandex/lycra suit

7. As a Ninja/Admin, do you feel that the person taking your position when you leave can fill your boots?
i'm pretty sure my spot can be filled up by existing members/admins/smods capable crew and such. besides if they need an art guy, we have a lot to choose from =) (thats pretty much my job description here)

8. Who would win in a fight - hampa or veb?
tough call. hampa beats veb in technique, but veb has chutzpah. and he's a juicer.. i think (bonus points for those who get the RIFTS reference)

9. What will happen once the TC cap is reached?
an army of mad french pilot aces riding rocket powered clydesdales will swoop from the sky shooting frozen peas and lardon from their machine gun baguettes. also the ground will be torn asunder and a giant horde of tutu-wearing monkeys riding hover-segways will run rampant slaying all the women, raping all the men and feeding all the children to five headed rabid quaggas. all this to the tune of a million vuvuzelas performing the ode to joy with vocal accompaniments courtesy of a Justin Bieber suspended in a tank of helium

10. How old is RedDevil?
i don't rightly know. i asked if i could cut him open and count his growth rings, but i was promptly refused

11. How did you become an admin/ninja/dev?
FUNNY THING ACTUALLY. I can't remember. smod i think i got when jok asked IRC who wants to be smod, i was the first to say yes. but with these things, you cant be sure. could be my dashing long coat

12. Why hasn't KiTFoX cured cancer, AIDS, Global Warming, Global Hunger, Global Conflict, and everything else wrong with the world yet?
the solution for the world problems is not on the shoulders of the giants: it is on the backs of the people

13. Why exactly do you want to moderate these forums? Do you enjoy getting probably thousands of reports a day, half of which probably is just one person mad at another?
i've been to plenty of communities in and out of the internet, and i can attest that the TB community is probably the sanest of the lot. they also don't yield to power, which is doubly awesome. i'd rather help a community where power is respected: neither feared nor doted upon. also i love trying to resolve things though peaceful manners. it may take a while, but it warms the heart to see two warring parties shake hands and knowing you played a part in it

14. Do you ever get thanked for what you do for the community?
quite a lot, but i'm not thanked by name. and i'm fine with that, my philosophy is : I did something right, if people notice it then ignore it, then are promptly surprised that what i did before has changed and they like it again (tl;dr the themed forum logos and the monthly theme banners for events, and some of the sets promoteam used to wear for the monthly themes)

15. Do any of the admins/smods disagree with the way some things are handled? do you voice your opinion if/when this happens?
it would be bad form if we didn't squabble over things. arguments from both sides drive progress, they say. and frankly, if somebody disagrees with a matter, it means they are not alone. we strive to look at issues from both sides of the fence and work around that. we respect each other's ideas, no matter how conflicting they may be. of course there are some ideas and proposals that get implemented without our knowing. usually they pass by like an unstoppable juggernaut. we don't like it when that happens but we sure as hell complain like bitches and make sure it doesn't happen like that again
I has a flavour
Officially my favorite interview out of them all.
Very interesting to read, especially about the TC cap.
In most events held by the gamekeepers and such, I notice the nice banner/logo and I always assume it's you, knowing that you're artsy and generous, so you wouldn't object to making it.
Just to prove that I'm not lying my ass off, here's a link to one of the posts where I asked, but I'm too much of a lazy-ass to go find more.
Also, irrelevant, but I'm a fan of your art.

http://forum.toribash.com/showpost.p...9&postcount=20

<~oyster> i want you to fart near my mouth
this is a great interview. love your answer.
Seniman Elektronik Indonesia | GATA
Got any questions ? Throw me a PM or just mention @toriabiz on Twitter