Toribash
Original Post
What's the benefit of doing things such as
such as one armed push-ups over regular push-ups?

If I do both until I'm tired, is there any sort of benefi from doing one armed pushups with each hand instead of regular pushups, besdies saving like a minute or two?

Same thing applies to doing elevated push ups, I know im lifting more of my body weight if I have my feet on a chair or anything, but does it do anything besides save time?
Last edited by 2worlds; Nov 16, 2011 at 03:24 AM.
T0ribush: I could not get into two worlds even if my life depended on it.
ಠ_ಠ ಥ_ಥ
It focuses the workout on one arm instead of two.

Having one arm do more work, works the arm out more and quicker than if you were on two.

Doing individual workouts for your arms could make them stronger quicker, or hurt you a lot.

[Evil] is recruiting!

<DesiTwist> terty plays tb with the ghost turned off, uke turned off and uses that mouse with the ball in it
one arm pushups: more weight on one arm.
elevated pushups: more weight on both arms.

more weight and less reps = building/stronger
less weight and more reps = ripping

either way, you need to start doing real weights now if you want to get bigger. Pushups should be a warm up or used to keep the muscles warm between excersizes. if youre looking to build, then pushups are not what you need. youve been doing these excersizes for long enough now that your bodyweight is not enough to work you properly.

Originally Posted by tertywerty View Post
Doing individual workouts for your arms could
make them stronger quicker, or hurt you a lot.

isolating muscles/musclegroups is the fastest way to build and get stronger, while leaving yourself at risk to under train other parts of your body, putting you at risk when you do more strenuous excersizes.
Pretty confident that pushups and pullups and the likes wont be too straining on his body.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-