Ranking
Original Post
Do you believe in Fate or Free Will?
Someone asked me this today, and I've been pondering upon this. I eventually came up with my conclusion.

Please respect everyone and their beliefs.

I don’t necessarily believe in either Fate or Free Will. What I believe is probably something of a mix between the two. In my mind, I imagine there is a God and a heaven in which he lives in. I do consider myself a Christian, however, I see myself led astray by worldly things and ideals. According to the Bible, I'd surely be going to Hell if I stay the way I am. Nevertheless, it is still in my mind that God has a plan of what will happen overall with every person playing a role of some sort in the grand scheme of things. However, free will is still obviously something that every human being is capable of, but knowing this and believing that God has everything planned proves to be difficult for me. In our own human minds, it is assumed that we do make decisions every day and that we do in fact have free will, but we are only human. Perhaps there’s something else planned that is bigger than all of us; so inconceivable to our human intellect. So my final question is this: We are given free will, but is it really free will if the choices we make eventually lead to the same conclusion of humanity. If so, then what is this precious idea of free will?
Last edited by Ezio; Jan 9, 2014 at 07:19 PM.
| [AC] | Replays | Order of Taekkyon |
You seem intelligent enough, may I inquire as to why you have the deluded belief that there is a huge man in the sky watching over us every day of our lives?
This will sure as fuck become a religious debate pretty quickly, considering most of what you've said relates directly to your faith.
Already something like this which got closed down and shamed. Close before another argument begins about something that can not be won.
blue
pink
@Wicked - Knowing the content of what I've said, You can see that I've asked to respect each other. As to your first question, I was raised around Christians so I naturally followed. I've come to the point in my life (I'm 16, in case you're wondering) where I question things though. I do mention this. As to why I still believe what I do, I'm not all to sure. I just don't see any real hope in any other option. I've got to believe in something I guess.

@Kradel - I will wait. If anything too out of hand begins sparks up, I shall close the thread.
Last edited by Ezio; Jan 9, 2014 at 07:05 PM.
I was raised around Christians too. However, I came to the realization that I was worshipping something that has no evidence and relies on a book written by humans. I believe that religon is just there for people who fear death, etc.

There's not many religious people on this forum, many struggle with these sorts of questions.
Interesting point. One thing: I do not fear death. I'm just not ready for that day to come. However, I am afraid of dying and not being proud of what I've done on this Earth.
Last edited by Ezio; Jan 9, 2014 at 07:30 PM.
Free will is probably an illusion our brain makes. If we were cloned at birth and put into a copy of the universe, and if we observed both universes, both would be the same. So if it's going to be the same no matter what, then you could just think of the universe as one big simulation that's gonna happen how it happens.

Originally Posted by Wicked View Post
You seem intelligent enough, may I inquire as to why you have the deluded belief that there is a huge man in the sky watching over us every day of our lives?
This will sure as fuck become a religious debate pretty quickly, considering most of what you've said relates directly to your faith.

wow so edgy. such tool cool
Selling Kung Fu Master Beard $250 USD. Non-negotiable. Now accepting bitcoin! I'll accept an offer as low as 0.15BTC!
Pretend you're as elite as us old schoolers with this unique old schooler only beard!
DesertPunk

Please click this
Visit Buy something from my Poor Quality 3D/2D/Pixel/Photography/Sounds/Writing/Scripts/Anything Shop
Issac is taking this discussion where I was hoping it would go. I really like that thought..about free will being only but an illusion drawn by the mind.