Ranking
Original Post
[Tex] Pride

(That isn't a seam on the back, that's just gimps failed mapping to spheres.)
So i've been doing textures again here and there and this is my first serious head since then. I feel it's time to show the new gen of textures how it's done ;o

Programs n' shit:
Gimp 2.8.
Wacom bamboo tablet.
Google image reference.
Tiiiimmmme.
Tapion for cnc.

If you want any tips, or you have questions about texturing/art, feel free to drop me a pm.
Done with this community, you guys suck.
hot stuff, i love the color choice and how well the shading is done. the flat reminds me general grevious

mapped really well
It looks really well made and really well mapped, I'd love to try some texturing, but, I can't do anything with a mouse, and I don't have a tablet :L
I dislike the dark shading in the plating here :

There's a light source on the ear so why would this part be dark???

other than that nice bro.
I miss your art.
alot.
damn im gettin old
the two labels are so small and unreadable that they add nothing to the head
would've been better to have added scarring and other defects on it instead
don't talk to me or my dudes ever again
Originally Posted by Velair View Post
I dislike the dark shading in the plating here :

There's a light source on the ear so why would this part be dark

other than that nice bro.
I miss your art.
alot.

the ears arent flat, you know
Originally Posted by Kaneki333 View Post
I'm Brazilian, i'm alredy fucked every day i wake up

if you are going to make the lines go over the head at least make them straight over, on the top of the head they make a v towards the center. (without shaders)

the back looks really horizontal and boring, as this is the part most multiplayer players will be looking at it kinda is meh.. although if you did add something back there you would kinda have to redo the whole back so I'm not sure what i would do in that situation.(personal preferences)

Circles on the ear position are a little overdone in robotic textures because its such an easy addition. But ingame it almost seems as if your angles on the face are fighting with that perfect circle on the side. As everything is sharp while the only other "circular" thing would be the blue paint.

shading seems a liiiiitle confused in places where you may have lost a bit of potential depth.

but its a really clean texture

i like the technique on the orange glow (stealing now)

welcome back to textures. (hopefully?)
I really like the robotic style

The color choice remembers me of Portal.

I cant exactly point out any flaws other than the back. In my opinion, you could add more stuff there. Since it's a robotic head, I'd say you could add some wires or something like that.
:^)
Originally Posted by hobo View Post
the two labels are so small and unreadable that they add nothing to the head
would've been better to have added scarring and other defects on it instead

They weren't meant to be readable, just added detail.

Originally Posted by 13chillz View Post
if you are going to make the lines go over the head at least make them straight over, on the top of the head they make a v towards the center. (without shaders)

the back looks really horizontal and boring, as this is the part most multiplayer players will be looking at it kinda is meh.. although if you did add something back there you would kinda have to redo the whole back so I'm not sure what i would do in that situation.(personal preferences)

Circles on the ear position are a little overdone in robotic textures because its such an easy addition. But ingame it almost seems as if your angles on the face are fighting with that perfect circle on the side. As everything is sharp while the only other "circular" thing would be the blue paint.

shading seems a liiiiitle confused in places where you may have lost a bit of potential depth.

but its a really clean texture

i like the technique on the orange glow (stealing now)

welcome back to textures. (hopefully?)

I never got the thing about adding detail to the back of the head. Most things that have heads don't have a lot of detail in the back, even robots. I also think it defies the 70/30 rule a bit, meaning if you have super detail all the way around it can be a bit distracting, especially in-game.

The rest of the cnc is spot on though, thanks.
Done with this community, you guys suck.