Toribash
Original Post
Laptop Ideas?
Hey guys, I am done with this POS desktop that I have. I am going to get a new laptop soon, and need some help. Does anyone here know of a good laptop to get that doesn't cost too much? I am not looking for anything special in the computer, just that it is a computer, windows xp/7, and runs fine.
Well, be more detailed on how you will use it, heres a checklist of typically high end uses:

*: 50bajilion browser tabs
*: high end media like blu-ray
*: Gaming, and to what extent, I.E. Toribash, Oblivion, X3, Crysis, just throw some games out there.
*: Photoshop / GIMP / any 3D software

Also bare in mind laptops can typically cost between $100 to $200 more than desktops of similar performance.

Just respond to those and people can recommend how much RAM you need, what kind of processor, how powerful of a GPU and extras.
What screen size do you want?
Selling Kung Fu Master Beard $250 USD. Non-negotiable. Now accepting bitcoin! I'll accept an offer as low as 0.15BTC!
Pretend you're as elite as us old schoolers with this unique old schooler only beard!
DesertPunk

Please click this
Visit Buy something from my Poor Quality 3D/2D/Pixel/Photography/Sounds/Writing/Scripts/Anything Shop
Screen size doesn't matter as long as it isn't super tiny. I would like it to be used for Gimp/Photoshop, maybe some games like Toribash with Raytracing/Shaders, Oblivion, WoW, and Perfect World. I don't want like a really really expensive gaming computer, just one that may be able to run fine without having tons of problems like my desktop right now.
Acer are good for decent laptops but we need to know the budget? or are you aiming high £1000 < - £500 < if you were you would have a nice little monster! :3
In the beginning there was time.
In the end there was nothing......
If I were you, I may suggest buying one from a site that custom builds your laptop.

IE: Ibuypower: Cheapest laptop there: http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Batta..._Gaming_Laptop $969

or

Cyberpower. Cheapest one there: http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/SP-13/
$859

There are many other choices, but these seem to give good value.
Don't read this.
... Eh. I'd steer away from the boutique vendors if at all possible. For the same price, you can get one with much better specs, minus the pointless flashiness.

Refer to this post for my opinion.

"i wish i could do that ken watanabe face where his eyes are really wide" -siku 2015
DONSELUKE, MASTER OF LAWSUIT
if you love america please sign this petition
B&B&B&