Ranking
Original Post
[Art] RPG Game Monster animation sprite!
Hey guys, I am making a RPG game, it's still in progress
The Game is for my school programming assignment
I've made these sprite for the in-game creature
Tell me what you think c:

Gifs

More coming soon!

Program used : GraphicGale
Last edited by Wyverneon; May 11, 2015 at 08:16 PM.
Please bring back Organiζations board
centaur is really really cool, I like his little foot stamps.
the goblin has those tiny shadings under his arm and to the right which are nice.
the wizard seems a bit weird, I think its the shape of his body and how he's standing.
I think the mage and goblin need a few more tiny details to make them more interesting to signify texture or something, but, at the moment they are all fun characters and I would like to see more + the finished project in the future!
[19:59] <Lazors> man it's a good thing people don't see what i write here
Originally Posted by Skylar View Post
centaur is really really cool, I like his little foot stamps.
the goblin has those tiny shadings under his arm and to the right which are nice.
the wizard seems a bit weird, I think its the shape of his body and how he's standing.
I think the mage and goblin need a few more tiny details to make them more interesting to signify texture or something, but, at the moment they are all fun characters and I would like to see more + the finished project in the future!

Thank you!
yes, the goblin and mage were my first try at Gale
I made them only 15 minutes after installing it ^^
I'll polish them later, but now i focus on making various creature

Also, a new sprite!
freshly made right after i submit this thread, lol
Great art, however, in my opinion those idle animations are a bit too... not idle? I guess. An idle animation should be simple, and not involve much movement. But still, excellent art.

(the animation I was pointing at really was the goblin. He just seems to be moving a bit much for an idle.)(Unless that was intended, in which case nvrmind)
Proud ex-member of (Ct) (RIP)
Originally Posted by Kraetor00 View Post
(the animation I was pointing at really was the goblin. He just seems to be moving a bit much for an idle.)

Hmm i don't know, he's only scratching his belly
a normal thing an idle person do

But thank you nevertheless

Simple sheep

Demon sheep morph

Goblin sight change

Gimme moar ideas for new creature!
Edit: FFF NINJA HOLD ON

Well hey, as far as idle animations go, this is actually pretty good! I'm pleased to see that you went above and beyond the usual "2-4 frames of entire sprite bopping up and down" deal that i see so often. Centaur is probably my favourite so far, but i like the skeleton more the longer i look at it. It is the SWAGGEST SKELETON.

For the sprites themselves - as images, not animations - the outlines seem rather rushed; the skeletons ribcage is a noticable aversion to this. I'm guessing that this is mostly because of limited time (or because work in progress or similar situational modifiers), since i kind of get the impression that you could indeed do better than that, if you took some time to really clean up the outlines. It looks kind of like you just drew them with the pencil tool, and nothing else. For a school project though, i'd say they serve their purpose. :v

POST-NINJA ADDITION: That morph is really nice! The sheep is a simple animation, but it works nicely, and i like how you made the head and body slightly asynchronous. Goblinbro turning his head is a bit slow, but it looks about right. My only real spot of critique is that his "innermost" eye snaps rather rapidly in place at the start and end of the animation, as opposed to the very smooth movement of the rest of the turn.

Keep up the good work, and most certainly keep up setting good examples for idle animations! ;)
Last edited by Shook; Apr 11, 2015 at 02:13 AM.
<Blam|Homework> oiubt veubg
various places to find me lol
OMG it's shook! My favorite spriter!
I could learn a thing or two from you c:

Yeah, i noticed the goblin eye snap too fast, that's because i want to make him look to the left/right rather than toward the screen
I'll fix it later

As for image quality, yes i did rush some outline because i focus more on the animating
don't worry, I'll smooth them also
But i think i've done a pretty good job making the rib, no?

Anyway, new sprite!

Inanimate stone to Golem morph

Golem Earth Shockwave attack

Land Shark

Armored Goblin
Last edited by Wyverneon; Apr 12, 2015 at 04:39 AM.
Golem is my favorite, also the movement of the hands on the combat golem one looks a little bit too fast, I think.
The transformation one is so awesome too, well done Wyvy.
Goodluck with the project.
Selling something? Need some toricredits? Click this quickly.
Main rival of ToriBot since 20&&
- made in Indonesia

The warrior guided by the spirit serves humanity, the warrior without, serves the ego.
Nice, nice, nice and nice! Love the simple style!

Got one thing that buggers me though. Skeletons fire-sword (?) doesn't feel solid enough. Fire has an opacity of zero you know!
Owner of Fred
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
the golem looks so goofy rofl
i think it's arms moving looks kinda weird since only his shoulders move

very good ideas so far, with the golem and what not
Originally Posted by Kaneki333 View Post
I'm Brazilian, i'm alredy fucked every day i wake up